Places To See In Tennessee
|Monroe County||Coker Creek||Tellico Plains|
|Festivals||Local Restaurants||Cherohala Skyway|
|Fort Loudoun||Lost Sea||Sequoyah Birthplace|
|Gatlinburg / Pigeon Forge||Waterfalls||Buck Bald|
- Williams Mountain Deli – In Coker Creek, 6 miles south of TP on Hwy 68 in Coker Creek. Grill food and groceries.
- Checkerboard Restaurant – near downtown TP. Home cooking & inexpensive.
- Subway – In the TP shopping strip – Sandwich chain.
- Tellicafe (closed on Mondays) – (TP) Very good and has a variety of items.
- Kats Deli – (TP) Great sandwiches! On the River, Cherohala Skyway, has a variety of items.
- Hardees – TP near the main intersection (Hwys 68 at 165).
- Eats and Shops in downtown Tellico Plains – Turn off Hwy 165 to the downtown district and you will find a few places to eat and shop. Businesses change here regularly, though, so just go and check them out. .
- Lot More Eatin’ Places in Madisonville, Vonore, and Sweetwater (north), and Copperhill (south).
Buck Bald has some of the greatest views in East Tennessee. Located in Coker Creek, just north of the Polk-Monroe County line, it is a two-mile drive to the top. Go in early morning or late afternoon for some awesome and majestic views!
- Polk County Fair – Benton, second week in September
- The Autumn Gold Festival – Coker Creek, Second weekend in October
- Candlelight Walk – Tellico Plains, 1st Saturday in December
- For more listings, see MonroeCounty.com.
If you’re looking for more of the tourist-type attractions, nothing beats Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge (and Dollywood) for some non-stop fun.
Be aware, however, that the drive from our cabin to Gatlinburg takes you straight north on some back roads for about 2 hours. Make sure that you plan this trip in advance, and plan on spending the whole day for this adventure…